This tutorial is a downloadable PDF file. You will receive your download link immediately upon purchase.
This tutorial was created and taught at our Dream Machine Workshop for March 2018. Follow the in-depth notes in this tutorial guide to create a beautiful table runner, embroidered with a repeating geometric style pattern and fill
You will need:
- A Brother Dream Machine (XV8500D or XV8550D)
- The Embroidery Attachment
- The XL Hoop (230mm x 360mm)
- Some bobbin-fill
- Fabric: 40cm x length of fabric (ours spanned 110cm approx.)
- Either iron some Parlan or Wadding onto your fabric before starting, OR please use a basting spray and pin together.
- Some pretty embroidery threads that compliment your fabric colours!
- OPTIONAL: You can see in the tutorial we used a placement grid template while hooping and rehooping our runner along the way — this may help with your placement, but it isn’t absolutely necessary to have!
Please note: Depending on whether or not your Dream Machine has some optional upgrades installed, you may have less fill patterns than included in the tutorial.