1: Type blackmoreandroy.com.au into your browsers address bar.
2: Hover your mouse cursor over the “News” heading in the top navigation bar.
3: Click on “Events Calendar” from the dropdown list.
4: Select the Webinar you would like to attend from the listings, and click the relevant link.
5: From this information page, you can see a product listing to purchase your ticket. Click this box.
6: Add the ticket to your cart.
7. A pop-up will now appear. You could continue shopping if you like, but to continue ahead you will need to “View Cart”.
8. Proceed to the checkout page.
9. If you have ever bought anything online before, you will be familiar with these fields. Enter all of your details into the fields.
10. Click “Checkout via Paypal”.
11. The website will process your details (a spinny thingie will appear!) Wait a few moments…
12. Once the next page has loaded, you will need to click the big black button that says “Download Ticket.”
13. Your browser will download the ticket. We are using the Google Chrome browser, and the download appears like this – you can simply click it to open the ticket. If you are having any trouble seeing the downloaded ticket, you can always open up your computer files (File Explorer) and go to your downloads folder and open your Webinar Ticket manually (direct from the source.)
14. When you open your ticket, your link to attend will be inside. Click it to open it, OR — if you are having an difficulties, you can always copy and paste the link manually into the address bar of your internet browser.
15. You will now have been taken through to a Webinarjam page, and will have to complete a final registration step (just so we can see your name in the chat box!)
16. Enter your name and email address, then hit “Register Now.”
17. You are now registered! You will need to click the link as you can see here – it will take you to the page where you can watch the Webinar.
— And that’s it! The countdown clock will let you know how long there is to go until Blackmore & Roy go live.
You can always “Bookmark” or “Favourite” this page for ease of access (depending on your internet browser program.)
This means if you close the tab, you can get back to it later in one click.
You will receive an email reminder when the Webinar is 24 hours (1 day) from beginning, and a second reminder when the Webinar is 1 hour to go.
If for any reason you miss the Webinar — no stress! Every Webinar has a “replay” function once it has finished airing, so you can watch it later (as many times as you like!)
So, just what in the heck is a webinar? (You may be asking.)
A webinar is the portmanteau of the words “web” and “seminar”. Web + Seminar = Webinar! Basically, it’s a video session in which the presenter (on camera) talks with and interacts a live audience (the chat.)
You may have already seen us trialing a similar method on Facebook! Both the “My Design Centre” and Luminaire / Stellaire classes were streamed live to our Facebook page just last week.
But from now on, you’ll be able to see us on Webinarjam!
The webinars we post on Webinarjam will be scheduled for a certain time & date – including a live countdown feature to let you know how many days, hours and minutes there are to go!
Webinarjam also has a lot more inbuilt features that are useful to education and demonstrating, which will give us some more “flexibility” when compared to simply livestreaming on Facebook.
Basically, this includes the option to screenshare from our computers if need be (like software classes), as well as the added feature of being able to attach the project notes and files to very session itself! (Rather than directing everyone to outside links.) Just like the Facebook livestream, if you miss a session “live”, you can always watch it later after the session has ended.
We also now have the added function of being able to go to a page and register to watch these classes, club days and events. This means you will receive an email confirmation with all of the links and details, and we’ll have a better idea of our classroom and attendees!
Just like our prior club days, events, and classes – there will be a small cost involved to attend these education / demonstration sessions. This is all handled by Webinarjam, and the Blackmore and Roy website.
How to attend our webinars:
(Please note: We will be creating a “how to” video and posting this to both our Facebook page and website in the coming days.)
Prior to the event you are interested in watching, we will be sending out a registration link with all of the details — clicking to go through to payment will actually take you to our website (blackmoreandroy.com.au) where you will have to checkout your cart with your Webinar Ticket.
From there, simply click the “Download Ticket” button, which will then take you to a verification link — this will verify that you have made a payment, and are now ready to attend the session!
You’ll finally be asked by Webinarjam to enter your name and email address, and then you will be taken to the video session page.
This final page features some short details on the class, as well as the countdown timer.
If there is still some time to go before the webinar is ready, you can always bookmark or favourite the page and go do something else, making it convenient for you to navigate back to later.
If for some reason you’ve lost the tab — whether you turned your computer off, accidentally closed the tab, etc. — you can always go back to your emails, where you will have received a confirmation email with the link to the session.
We would advise opening up the page 5 to 10 minutes before the session is due to start.
And! As an alternative, we will be posting written class/club day notes on the Blackmore & Roy website as well for optional purchase — if that is your preference.
For each webinar we schedule here at Blackmore & Roy, you will have to repeat this process to register, pay, and verify your session.
This is a new method for all of our club regulars and customers to attend our regularly scheduled learning, and as such we understand there may be some teething issues and confusion along the way. We have made every effort to make this method as simple and convenient as possible — but should you have any issues, difficulties or concerns, please contact us straight away! As always, we are here to help you 🙂